As the world continues to confront the many challenges resulting from COVID-19, our primary goal continues to be a healthy return to service for our guests, crew , and the communities we visit. While we do see cruising is slowly starting up again, there is still uncertainty surrounding the resumption of cruise operations globally.
We’ve made the difficult decision to replace many sailings between September 2021 – May 2022 due to the ongoing complexities of cruise operations in Latin America and Australia. In addition, the conditions in certain parts of the Middle East and Western Africa are not conducive to cruise operations leaving us no choice but to cancel Azamara Pursuit voyages until January 2022. We’re truly sorry for this inconvenience and are grateful for you and your clients’ patience through this pandemic.
We’re excited to resume sailing again starting with Azamara Quest in Greece as planned starting August 28th, 2021. Shortly after Azamara Quest completes her Mediterranean season, she will head to the Caribbean as scheduled for her three back-to-back Caribbean sailings, followed by a new selection of 2022 Caribbean sailings. The Azamara Journey will begin her Mediterranean season on October 13, 2021, as expected and will remain there through the Winter with a new selection of sailings to the Canary Islands, Greece, and more. We are still finalizing these new itineraries, but we expect them to be available for sale in the coming weeks.
We’re counting down the days until we resume sailing this summer and remain optimistic that with each day that passes, we’re another day closer to less uncertainty and more explorations. Through our Explore Well at Sea program, we have developed advanced screening protocols, more rigorous sanitation measures, and innovative medical services — to ensure a care-free Azamara experience.
Guests will have three compensation options to choose from.
- . 125% Future Cruise Credit to book a new cruise by April 30, 2023
- This amount will be based on total cruise fare paid.
- Future Cruise Credit will automatically be issued via email.
- If you have purchased pre- or post-land packages through Azamara, you will also receive compensation in the same form as your cruise fare.
- If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit for this sailing, you do not qualify for this offer.
- Visit our online form to submit your FCC request.
- Lift and Shift: Or, you can keep the cruise vacation plans to the same destination and move the existing booking to a sailing next year within four weeks of the originally scheduled sailing.
- Call Azamara to move the reservation at the same rate and promotion.
- If we don’t hear from you, we will automatically issue a Future Cruise Credit.
- View Lift and Shift options for your affected sailing
- 100% Refund: Or, you have until September 30, 2021 to request a refund and deactivate the Future Cruise Credit certificate.
- You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your request.
- Visit our online form to submit your refund request.
GUESTS WITH AIR & HOTEL BOOKINGS
Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Azamara will be refunded automatically. Guests with non-refundable air through Azamara or independent air and hotel arrangements need to contact their travel advisor or appropriate travel provider directly to make all required cancellations. As a reminder, due to the current situation, airlines are being flexible with flight changes and the waiving of fees.
Should you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately for more details specific to your country of residence or visit our Contact Us page for your local Azamara call center number.
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this situation.
GLOBAL SUSPENSION REFUND DELAY
As we went into our global suspension of sailings, we initially estimated that refunds would take 30 days. Unfortunately, due to an unprecedented volume of refunds and credits, we are delayed. We’ve worked diligently to resolve most of the volume issues and are working around the clock to address the backlog to get you your refund, as quickly possible. Currently, some refunds are taking up to 45 days from the date requested. Please know that each and every request is receiving the same level of care and dedication. And rest assured, your refund will be honored, and it is coming – it’s just taking a little longer than expected and we’re very sorry about that. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.